Monday, September 10, 2007

I got an email from Walt Burger today letting me know that all requirements have been met and I have passed the tests. Starting today I am an Alexander Certified Instructor. I checked the Alexander Art website and they have updated it, with me listed as an instructor.

I am very excited to finally be certified, but the real work has only just begun. Now I need to go out and see if I can get some classes lined up. I've got four Hobby Lobby stores in mind and I'm going to hit two of them soon and see if I can sign them up. I've heard it stated that the Alexander Art certification could be used as a means to an end. Now that I sit back and look at what needs to be done... getting classes started, creating new projects, refining teaching skills... it seems more like a means to a new beginning.

I would like to thank John G. Heinrichs for signing up to take the program at the same time as me. We passed a lot of emails back and forth during the last couple of weeks, and even though I finished the certification work quickly, it really was reassuring to see an artist of John's caliber going after the same certification. I know that my decision to become certified with Alexander Art was not a mistake.

No comments: